- Perfect choice for cruise passengers with limited time in the city
- The chance to see all the major highlights of Gdansk and its surroundings
- Time at leisure for shopping and refreshment included
- Prices from 200 €
Gdansk, or Danzig, as it was sometimes formerly called, is a fascinating city with over a thousand years of history. It was a major harbor of the Polish kingdom and an important city of the Hanseatic League for centuries. In more recent times known as a place where the first shots of World War II were fired in 939. Later in August 1980 the city’s Lenin Shipyard saw the birth of the Solidarity Trade Union, which made a first crack in the iron curtain and started the process of transformation across the entire region of Central and Eastern Europe. Today Gdansk is a city full of charm and chic with plenty of cultural and historic treasures and vibrant atmosphere that guarantee a unique city experience.
- This tour will allow our guests to see the principal sights in the city center including :
the Torture House, the Golden Gate, the Royal Way, the Town Hall, the Arthus Court, the Neptune Fountain, the Old Harbor on the Motlawa River with its most characteristic landmark – the 15th century Gdansk Crane and St Mary’s Church – the largest red –brick Gothic church in the world.
It is impossible to visit Gdansk without seeing the Shipyards. En route we have a photo stop by the Monument to the Shipyard Workers, erected in memory of workers killed in the riots against communism in 1970.
During the tour our guests have a break for personal explorations as well as for snack or browsing for souvenirs in Old Town boutiques and galleries.
- Guests will be picked up at port pier and driven to Gdansk. At the end of the tour they will be returned to the port to board their ship.
- If your cruise ship arrives in Gdynia it let us show you en route some other landmarks of the area e.g. the Cistercian Abbey in Oliwa, world-famous for its magnificent pipe organ or the famous and fashionable seaside resort of Sopot with its longest wooden pier on the Baltic.
- The itinerary is personalized to your needs and wishes. Please contact us for your individually tailored program with prices